Monday, December 8, 2008

LG LMV1680BB Over-the-Range 1-3/5-Cubic-Foot Microwave Oven, Black

LG LMV1680BB Over-the-Range 1-3/5-Cubic-Foot Microwave Oven, Black Heat more, faster! The LMV1680's 1.6 cu. ft. of cooking capacity and 1000W of cooking power are enhanced by a 12.7" turntable that helps heat food evenly and a bi-level cooking rack that lets you cook more food at once. A variety of cooking options let you adjust cooking times on the fly and keep dishes warm while the rest of the meal cooks. Finally, this over-the-range microwaves' two-speed, 300CFM venting system wisps smoke and steam away so that your kitchen stays clean and steam- and smoke-free.
Customer Review: Nice microwave
The microwave is fine. I miss having a "one minute" button that you can push for 1-? minutes. It may have one but I haven't read the instructions.
Customer Review: Good, but not awesome, microwave
I'm totally enamored with my LG washer/dryer and had really high expectations on this microwave. I've had it about a month now and while it's a good microwave, I have to admit I'm not completely overwhelmed by it's greatness.



The good: It has the sensor cooking, it's very powerful, it has a shelf so you can cook a number of items at once and I can fit my 9 x 13 casserole dishes in there!



On the other hand: It's loud (louder than my dishwasher and wash machine), the sensor is a little hit and miss and the shelf is a bit low and gets in the way whenever I place a no-splatter cover over items I'm cooking.



The sensor bases the cooking on the amount of moisture in the microwave, so the problem could be that I'm covering the items too tightly or not tightly enough. But it's been undercooking on the Sensor Cook items and overheating on the Sensor Reheat items. It's not a huge issue. I can still leave the kitchen and know that the food will be somewhat close to what it needs to be if I'm not back in time.



Overall, it's a definite upgrade from what I had. And if you're searching for a sensor-cook over-the-range microwave at a good price, this one will work for you.



As a side note, Amazon provided great customer service. We received the microwave about a week after ordering, but it came with a big dent in the corner of it. (Whoever shipped it didn't provide any extra packaging and I'm sure it happened during shipping.) I contacted Amazon and they provided a return mailing slip and sent a new microwave that arrived days later in great shape.

No comments: